We are seeking a driven and creative content writer to join our marketing team to enrich and elevate our blogs and promotional material. To be successful in this role you should be able to keep an eye on competing content; be aware of keyword strategy and the technology used to research keywords; possess outstanding written communications skills in English; be comfortable creating promotional posts and infographics in Canva and be able to work with analytics. Attention to detail and a sharp eye for quality are crucial, along with the ability to communicate technical concepts in a conversational manner.
What you’ll be doing:
- Research, develop and produce high quality unique content for blogs starting with competitor research, keyword strategy and a unique perspective to present our thought-leadership
- Attend regular meetings to get technical guidance on concepts, review your work and engage with your team
- Constantly update your knowledge about our products and make it consumable online with messaging that connects with business-minded individuals, and makes them want to take action
- Strong SEO writing skills and ability to optimize content for organic traffic (while writing in a conversational style to keep the content audience-focused)
- Use existing measurement tools to validate the performance of content (written by you or other contributors)
- Edit, standardize and proofread content produced by you / other contributors within the organization
- Create promotional social media posts and infographics for each blog using Canva
- Track and monitor your progress, address your areas of improvements and work with the marketing team to enhance organic search
- Ensure that all content is on brand and consistent with company standards
- Ensure that AI tools are not utilised for content writing
What you need to bring:
- BSc/BA in Marketing, English, journalism, communications, or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience editing/writing content
- Native English speaking and writing abilities
- Strong writing/editing skills and a hands-on attitude
- A strong work ethic and interest in learning new concepts
- Interest and ability to understand what readers want to read / view
- Knowledge of keyword strategy & tools used to generate a set of keywords
- Ability to use Canva to create promotional posts to promote blogs and create infographics
- Ability to use Google Analytics / Google Search Console to track the success of blogs, find areas of improvements and work on them
- Portfolio of published work
- A keen interest in the latest trends and best practices
- Ability to work well with a team
What’s in it for You?
- Opportunity to join a growing and fast-paced, compliance – oriented SaaS company in the Cybersecurity space
- Chance to make a difference by empowering readers with know-how
- Make wonderful friends and become part of the diverse and inclusive databrackets family
- Work with incredibly talented and forward-thinking colleagues who value hard work and know-how to celebrate the wins – No matter small or big
Who we are:
databrackets is committed to safeguarding organizations from cyber threats and ensuring their business continuity in adverse situations. We believe every company deserves to be protected against cyber challenges by reducing their overall risk, including vendor-related risks. Our approach incorporates compliance frameworks, security standards and regulatory requirements to drive investments in security technology, employee training, and strong cyber hygiene practices. Our services include a self-assessment platform and consultation with certified security specialists.
With over a decade of experience, we have served a wide range of industries including MSPs, healthcare providers, radiologists, SaaS providers, pharmaceutical companies, and more. Our customers have utilized security frameworks like ISO 27001, SOC 2, HIPAA, NIST SP 800-53, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST SP 800-171, GDPR, CMMC, 21 CFR Part 11, MIPS, Security Risk Assessment, along with compliance and Security Awareness Training. Our assessment library is extensive, and our offerings continue to evolve to meet the ever-changing needs of our clients.
Employment Type: Part-time (5-10 hours per week). You are required to have your work authorization documents.
Hourly pay: CAD 16-17 per hour
Please note: All content created by you in this role will be part of ‘work for hire’ and the intellectual property, authorship and creative rights will be owned by the company.
How to apply: Send your updated resume along with 2 references of individuals who have worked with you in a similar profile.
Interview Process: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for 1-3 virtual interview(s) where your suitability for the profile will be assessed, and you will be asked to showcase your work portfolio. Your references may be contacted by the company at any time before, or during the on-going interview process.
During the 2nd -3rd interview, you may be asked to write on a new topic within a specified timeframe (including time to research and prepare). Once an offer has been made, you will be expected to submit your work authorization and all other required documents/information.